Warm Caramel Brie with Spicy Pecans
Brie, Bruce's Yams Candied Sweet Potatoes, caramel, brown sugar, pecans and hot sauce mingle in this delicious and unique appetizer. Perfect for entertaining!
Nutrition Info Per Serving
- 1 small wheel brie (cheese)
- 1/3 cup (from a 15 oz. can) Bruce’s Candied Yams Cut Sweet Potatoes; drained and smashed (reserve 2 tbs. syrup)
- 1/3 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 1 tsp. butter
- 1 tsp. brown sugar
- 1/3 cup whole pecans
- 2 dashes Glory Foods Hot Sauce
- pinch of salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tart, crisp apples; cut into slices
Steps to Prepare
- Unwrap brie and slice off top rind; place in pie plate.
- Spread 1/3 cup Bruce’s Candied Yams Cut Sweet Potatoes over the top of brie.
- Spoon caramel ice cream topping over brie and microwave for 25-30 seconds.
- Melt butter in a small skillet; add 2 tbs. yam syrup and brown sugar. Stir then add pecans; cook 2 minutes; stirring occasionally. Add a a dash or two of Glory Foods Hot Sauce, a pinch of salt and a grinding of fresh pepper.
- Transfer brie to a warm serving dish and top with spiced pecans.
- Arrange apple slices around brie and serve warm.