Sweet Potato & Walnut Pasta Sauce
Mix it up with our sweet & savory Sweet Potato and Walnut Pasta recipe! Leave off the sausage for a vegetarian option.
Nutrition Info Per Serving
- 1 (15 oz.) can Bruce’s Yams Cut Sweet Potatoes; drained
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts; divided
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 2 tbs. butter
- 1 tbs. olive oil
- 1 tbs. finely minced shallot
- 2 tsp. finely minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp. dried sage
- 1/2 tsp. white pepper
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup vegetable broth
- 3-4 fresh basil leaves
- 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese (plus extra for serving)
- 1 pound large, short chunky pasta (such as shells); cooked according to box directions
- grilled chicken sausages (on the side); if desired
Steps to Prepare
- Place Bruce’s Yams Cut Sweet Potatoes, 1/2 cup walnuts and evaporated milk in at the bowl of a food processor (fitted with metal blade) and process until smooth; set aside.
- Melt butter and olive oil in a large saucepan; add shallot, garlic, dried sage and pepper. Sauté for 2 minutes until fragrant (do not let garlic brown as it will be bitter).
- Stir in sweet potato mixture and when incorporated, slowly add the broth (how much you use will depend upon how thick you like your sauce).
- Turn heat down to low setting; add basil leaves and simmer for 15 minutes. Remove basil leaves and stir in the lemon juice.
- To serve, spoon warm sauce over cooked pasta and scatter with a few walnuts and Parmesan cheese. Add sliced chicken sausage, if desired.