Sweet Potato Risotto
This savory, traditional Italian dish gets a delicious makeover with unsweetened coconut milk, Bruce's Yams Cut Sweet Potatoes, and zesty lime.
Nutrition Info Per Serving
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 3 tbs. olive oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped white onion
- 2 cups Arborio (short grain) rice
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 (15 oz.) can Bruce’s Yams Cut Sweet Potatoes in Syrup; drained and syrup reserved
- 1 tbs. apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbs. minced parsley
- 1/2 tsp. (or more, to taste) sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. white pepper
- 2 tbs. butter
- zest of a lime
Steps to Prepare
- Bring chicken stock to a simmer in a saucepan and keep warm.
- Place oil in a separate (large) saucepan. Add onion and saute for 2 minutes until fragrant.
- Pour in rice and stir so that all grains of rice are coated. Add broth (1 cup at a time) and stir until liquid has been absorbed. After all broth has been absorbed, stir in coconut milk.
- Drain the Bruce's(R) Yams Cut Sweet Potatoes, reserving 1/4 cup syrup. Add syrup to rice and cook until rice starts to become light and creamy.
- Stir in sweet potatoes (chunks will break down), cider vinegar, parsley, salt, and pepper. When incorporated, remove from heat and stir in butter (optional).