Sweet Potato & Lemon Tart
A delicious holiday dessert! This Sweet Potato & Lemon Tart features a chocolate crust and a rich lemon pudding custard filling.
Nutrition Info Per Serving
- 1 (16 oz.) box chocolate tart crust mix
- 1 (15 oz.) can Bruce’s Yams Cut Sweet Potatoes in Syrup; drained
- 2 tbs. melted butter
- 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1-1/2 cups cold milk
- 1 (3.4 oz.) box instant lemon pudding mix
- 2 egg yolks*
- 1/4 cup dairy sour cream
Steps to Prepare
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Make tart crust mix according to box directions (or make your own) and press into an 8” round tart pan.
- Bake crust for 20-25 minutes until the dough is no longer glossy; remove from oven and cool (do not remove from tart pan).
- In a power blender, whiz together Bruce’s Yams Cut Sweet Potatoes, melted butter and pie spice. When crust is cool, pour into the shell and chill 30 minutes.
- Whisk milk into the pudding mix along with the egg yolks and sour cream. Smooth mixture over the sweet potatoes and chill for an additional 2-3 hours before serving.
*Make sure to use pasteurized eggs when using raw. The egg yolk in the recipe can be omitted but tart will not be as custardy.