Sweet Potato Cupcakes with French Vanilla Frosting
These French Vanilla Sweet Potato Cupcakes are super moist and can be dressed up with sanding sugar for special occasions.
Nutrition Info Per Serving
- 1/2 cup pureed Bruce’s Yams Cut Sweet Potatoes
- 1 (16.5 oz.) box French Vanilla cake mix
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup vegetable or nut oil
- 2 tbs. mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. fresh lemon zest
- 1 (16 oz.) tub prepared French vanilla frosting
- white or beige sanding sugar (optional)
Steps to Prepare
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line a 24 count muffin tin with paper liners; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl combine cake mix, eggs and pureed Bruce’s Yams Cut Sweet Potatoes.
- Add water, oil, mayonnaise and lemon zest. Beat for 2 minutes until batter is smooth.
- Pour batter into cupcake liners. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven, and cool for 1 hour prior to frosting.
- Spread frosting onto cupcakes and sprinkle with sanding sugar.