Sweet Potato Cookies with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
This delectable treat is brought to us by Jessica of The Novice Chef. Jessica is a mom to twins Ellie & Lyla and a cookbook author from Texas! She specializes in easy recipes for mothers like herself. You can find more recipes from The Novice Chef at https://thenovicechefblog.com/
Nutrition Info Per Serving
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Bruce’s Yams Cut Sweet Potatoes in Syrup, drained and mashed
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, melted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 to 4 cups powdered sugar (add until desired consistency/firmness)
- ground cinnamon sprinkled on top (optional)
Steps to Prepare
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together flour, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together sweet potatoes, butter and granulated sugar. Add egg and vanilla extract.
- Beat in flour mixture until well combined. Cover bowl with foil or parchment paper and refrigerate for one hour or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Using a medium cookie scoop, drop dough by onto prepared cookie sheets. Grease the bottom of a flat glass with butter and gently press cookie dough into flat disks about 1/2 inch thick.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until tops are set. Transfer to wire racks to cool.
- For Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting: Beat together cream cheese, butter, cinnamon and vanilla until well combined. Add powdered sugar and beat until smooth.
- Generously frost on top of each cookie and dust with extra cinnamon if desired. Serve immediately and store any leftovers in the refrigerator.