Sweet Potato and Fresh Herb Omelette
A classic breakfast favorite that uses Bruce's Yams Cut Sweet Potatoes in Syrup and Mozzarella cheese.
Nutrition Info Per Serving
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 large eggs; room temperature
- 2 teaspoons evaporated milk or half & half
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest (optional)
- salt & pepper
- 1/3 cup sweet potatoes (from a 15 oz can Bruce’s
- Yam cut Sweet Potatoes in Syrup) slightly smashed
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped herbs of your choice
- 1/3 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
Steps to Prepare
- Melt butter in an 8 inch non-stick skillet.
- Whisk together the eggs, evaporated milk, lemon zest and salt & pepper until frothy.
- Pour eggs into the skillet and swirl to coat the entire bottom of pan. Cook over medium until the edges start to bubble.
- Add sweet potatoes and herbs on one side of the omelette.
- Gently fold in half, lower heat and scatter the top with cheese.
- Cook for 2 minutes until eggs are cooked through and the cheese has melted.