Raspberry & Apple Oatmeal Cookie Bars
Nutrition Info Per Serving
1 (15 oz) can Glory Foods Fried Apples; drained
2 cups fresh raspberries*
1 tablespoon white sugar
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
2 sticks unsalted butter; cut into small pieces
1-1/2 cups old fashioned oats
1-1/2 cups flour
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
Steps to Prepare
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Using 1 teaspoon of the butter, grease an 8” x 11” pan; set aside.
- Stir together the raspberries, fried apples, sugar and lemon juice in a bowl; stir and allow to sit while you make the cookie bar mixture.
- Place remaining butter, oats, flour, brown sugar, baking powder and salt into a separate (large) bowl.
- Using your hands, mix ingredients until you achieve a coarse crumb.
- Press half of mixture into the prepared pan then spoon the raspberry-apple mixture onto the dough.
- Sprinkle the remaining dough onto the fruit and lightly pat down.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until golden brown.
- Cool for 30 minutes before cutting into bars.