Pecan Cream Sweet Potato Sandwich Cookies
A soft sweet potato cookie is brought together with a pecan cream that will satisfy your sweet tooth and serve as a great treat for any occasion.
Nutrition Info Per Serving
- 1 cup salted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup mashed Bruce's Yams
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 Tablespoon powdered sugar
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 Tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
Steps to Prepare
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, beat together butter, Bruce's Yams, brown sugar, powdered sugar, vanilla and egg until smooth. Stir in flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder and salt until well incorporated.
- Shape into Tablespoon-sized balls and place on baking sheet 2 inches apart. Flatten slightly with the bottom of a glass. Bake for 9 to 10 minutes. Transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
- In a small bowl and using an electric hand mixer, beat heavy whipping cream and powdered sugar until stiff peaks form.
- In a separate bowl, cream together cream cheese, brown sugar, maple syrup and vanilla extract until smooth. Fold in the whipping cream and pecans.
- Spoon 1 Tablespoon of pecan cream on bottom of half of the cooled cookies and top with another cookie. Enjoy!