No Bake Chocolate Sweet Potato Torte
The No Bake Chocolate Sweet Potato Torte is light, fluffy and decadent. This is one dessert that will send you and your friends into the new year with a big smile on your face! Enjoy!
Nutrition Info Per Serving
- 1 cup chocolate cookie crumbs
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup half & half
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 5 egg yolks; beaten
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 5 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2/3 cup sweet potato puree (from a can of Bruce’s Yam Cut Sweet Potatoes in Syrup)
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 (12 oz) bag chocolate chips
- whipped cream, black berries
Steps to Prepare
- Rub the bottom and sides of an 8” spring-form pan generously with butter.
- In a small bowl, mix together the cookie crumbs, melted butter, brown sugar and vanilla.
- Press into the buttered pan; set aside.
- Place the half & half, cream, butter, egg yolks, sugar, cocoa powder and corn starch in a medium (heavy) saucepan.
- Whisk vigorously while bringing the mixture to a gentle boil.
- Add the sweet potatoes, sour cream and cream cheese, stirring constantly until the cream cheese has melted (about 6-8 minutes).
- Remove from heat and stir in the chocolate chips; continue stirring until chocolate has melted and mixture is very smooth.
- Pour into prepared pan and allow to sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Cover with tin foil and place in the freezer for 5-6 hours.
- To unfold, remove from freezer 20 minutes before serving and cut into thin slices (this is a very rich dessert) and serve with whipped cream and berries.