Meatloaf & Mashed Potato Layer Cake
Nutrition Info Per Serving
1-3/4 lbs lean ground beef
1 whole egg
1/4 cup chopped white onion
1/2 cup fine bread crumbs
1/2 teaspoon steak seasoning
(sweet potato layer)
1 (40 oz) can Bruce’s Yam Cut Sweet Potatoes; drained well
2 whole eggs
1/4 cup soft butter
(mashed potato layer)
4 cups prepared instant mashed potatoes; divided
Small cherry tomatoes
Steps to Prepare
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut out parchment paper to fit into the bottom of both cake pans and spray well with bakers spray, including the sides; set aside.
- To make meatloaf, combine all ingredients together and press into one of the 6 inch cake pans.
- To make the sweet potato layer, whip the sweet potatoes with the butter and eggs; transfer to the second 6 inch cake pan.
- Bake both cakes pans for 60 minutes.
- Remove both from oven and drain off any excess fat from meatloaf.
- Allow to rest for 10 minutes then carefully un-mold meatloaf.
- Prepare instant mashed potatoes according to box directions.
- Spread a thick layer of mashed potatoes onto the meatloaf and top with the sweet potato “cake”. Frost with remaining mashed potatoes and garnish with bacon bits and cherry tomatoes.
*You will need 2 (6 inch) round cake pans for this recipe. If using square pans or pans of a different size, adjustment will be needed.