Low Fat Sweet Potato and Lemon Pound Cake
Indulge without the bulge! This Low Fat Sweet Potato and Lemon Pound Cake is moist and light. Add some sweetness by serving each slice with some strawberry jam.
Nutrition Info Per Serving
- 2/3 cup (from a 15 oz. can) Bruce’s Yams Cut Sweet Potatoes in Syrup; drained
- 3 whole eggs
- 1/2 cup Greek style yogurt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tbs. water
- 2 tbs. fresh lemon juice
- 1 (9 oz.) box pound cake mix
Steps to Prepare
- Heat oven to 325°F.
- Grease and flour an 8” x 4” loaf pan; set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat together the Bruce’s Yams Cut Sweet Potatoes, eggs, yogurt, olive oil, water and lemon juice until smooth.
- Mix in the pound cake mix and stir until just incorporated.
- Transfer cake mix to the prepared loaf pan and bake for 50 minutes.
- Turn off oven and allow to sit in oven for an additional 10 minutes.
- Cool 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack. Serve with jam, if desired.