Frosted Sweet Potato Quick Bread
This Sweet Potato Quick Bread is just that - quick! All ingredients are blended together, and the bread can be served warm out of the oven or cooled, and topped with frosting.
Nutrition Info Per Serving
- 1 (16.5 oz.) box spice cake mix
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup (from a 15 oz. can) Bruce’s Yams Cut Sweet Potatoes; drained and smashed
- 2 whole eggs plus 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tbs. plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup dried currants (or cranberries)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tsp. freshly grated lemon zest
- 1 (16 oz.) container chocolate fudge frosting
Steps to Prepare
- Grease and flour 2 (6 cup) loaf pans; set aside.
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- In the bowl of a mixer, blend together the cake mix, flour, Bruce’s Yams Cut Sweet Potatoes, egg, egg yolk, water, oil and yogurt. When mixed, add currants, walnuts and lemon zest.
- Divide between the prepared pans and bake (center rack) for 35-40 minutes until a tooth pick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let sit 5 minutes in pans.
- Transfer to a wire rack and cool completely before frosting.