Crunchy Sweet Potato Pancakes
Latkes, or potato pancakes, are a traditional Jewish dish often served during Hanukkah. This version features Bruce's Yams Cut Sweet Potatoes and parsley!
Nutrition Info Per Serving
- 1-1/3 cups (from a 15 oz. can) Bruce’s Yams Cut Sweet Potatoes; drained
- 2 large eggs; beaten well
- 1 tbs. freshly chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 white onion; grated
- 3 russet potatoes; peeled
- peanut oil for frying
- dairy sour cream & applesauce for serving
Steps to Prepare
- In a large bowl (using a hand beater) whip the Bruce’s Yams Cut Sweet Potatoes until creamy.
- Add the eggs, parsley, flour, salt, pepper and onion; stir well to combine.
- Press all the excess moisture out of the grated Russet potatoes and add to sweet potato mixture. Stir ingredients to blend well.
- Heat peanut oil to 375°F in an electric skillet (or a heavy skillet over medium-high heat).
- Pour in 1/3 cup potato mixture at a time, flattening each with the back of a wooden spoon. Fry until crisp and golden brown on both sides, about 3 minutes per side.
- Serve with sour cream and applesauce on the side.