Cranberry Snack Cake with Sweet Potato-Maple Hard Sauce
Nutrition Info Per Serving
- 2-1/4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 whole egg
- 1/4 cup smashed Bruce’s Yam Cut Sweet Potatoes in Syrup
- 2 cups fresh cranberries; halved
Hard Sauce ingredients:
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2/3 cup butter
- 1/3 cup reserved syrup from sweet potato can
Steps to Prepare
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray an 8” x 8” baking pan with non-stick spray; set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine all ingredients with the exception of the cranberries.
- Mix batter smooth then stir in the cranberries.
- Transfer to the prepared pan and bake for 40-45 minutes or until center is set.
- Remove from oven and allow take to rest in pan for 20 minutes before cutting.
- To make hard sauce, combine all ingredients in a heavy saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until smooth and thick.
- To serve, cut (warm) cake into squares and spoon with hard sauce.