Chocolate Chip Yam Cookie Cups
A chocolate treat that will make any chocolate lover happy, this chocolate yam cookie cup is full of flavor and of course provides a full serving of vitamins from the sweet potatoes.
Nutrition Info Per Serving
- 2 cup of almond flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tablespoon Pumpkin Pie spice
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of cooked smashed yams
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 handful of chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp vegan butter (for greasing pan only)
- 2 Tbsp softened vegan butter (I use Earth Balance sticks)
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup dark corn syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1/8 tsp salt
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 8 oz of dark chocolate chips
Steps to Prepare
- Using small muffin tin, grease with vegan butter.
- Mix flour, baking powder, and pumpkin pie spice in bowl. Set aside. In another bowl, mix egg and coconut milk. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients, mix well.
- Add yams to dough and mix. Stir in chocolate chips last.
- Bake for 10 mins.For pecan pie filling, mix all of the ingredients together using a stand mixer on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- At ten minutes, take the cups out of the oven and using the back of a measuring spoon press into the center of the cookies making them into cups. Using the same spoon, pour the pecan pie mixture into the cups being sure not to overflow.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 7 mins or until the pecan pie filling looks firm. Once done baking, remove from oven and drizzle with dark chocolate ganache.
- In a saucepan bring heavy cream to a boil and remove from heat. Add chocolate and mix until melted. Let ganache cool to almost room temperature and then drizzle onto cookie cups.