Bourbon Sweet Potatoes
Our simple and sweet Bourbon Sweet Potatoes make an excellent side dish for any weeknight meal.
Nutrition Info Per Serving
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 tbs. butter or margarine
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 (29 oz.) can Bruce’s Yams Cut Sweet Potatoes, drained
- 1 tbs. bourbon (optional)
Steps to Prepare
- In a medium saucepan, combine sugars and water. Over moderately high heat, cook until sugar is completely melted and the mixture begins to boil, occasionally stirring.
- Add butter and vanilla, return to a boil.
- If you are using bourbon, remove the above mixture from heat and add the bourbon. *IMPORTANT: BE CAREFUL, ALCOHOL IS FLAMMABLE*.
- Return the mixture to the heat in order to allow the alcohol to burn off.
- Reduce heat and add drained Bruce’s Yams Cut Sweet Potatoes, gently turning to coat evenly. Allow to simmer slowly for 5-10 minutes while turning occasionally.
- Remove from heat and serve.