African Sweet Potato and Peanut Soup
Spice up your soup recipes this winter with our African Sweet Potato and Peanut Soup, which features Bruce's Yams and Margaret Holmes Tomatoes with Vidalia Onions.
Nutrition Info Per Serving
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup diced sweet onion
- 2 cloves garlic; minced
- 1 tablespoons dried cilantro (or parsley)
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans vegetable broth
- 1 (14.5 oz) can Margaret Holmes Tomatoes with Vidalia Onions
- 1 (15 oz) can Bruce’s Yam Cut Sweet Potatoes; drained
- 1 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup salted cocktail peanuts; copped
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped parsley
Steps to Prepare
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven or heavy-bottomed saucepan to medium heat. Add onion; sauté for 2 minutes until fragrant.
- Stir in garlic, dried cilantro, paprika, salt & pepper and peanut butter; cook one minute more. Add broth and simmer on low for about5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the tomatoes (do not drain) and sweet potatoes. Simmer for 10 minutes then remove form heat and stir in the lemon juice.
- Divide between 4 warmed soup bowls and top with chopped peanuts and fresh parsley.