Sweet potato candy? Yes please! These Yam-Yum Candies are sweet and nutty, and make a perfect sweet treat for Christmas, as they look like little snowballs!
Nutrition Info Per Serving
- 12 oz. dried apricots, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups pureed Bruce’s Yams Cut Sweet Potatoes
- 4 cups coconut, divided
- 1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups chopped pecans, lightly toasted
- 1 (1 lb.) box powdered sugar
- 2 cups white chocolate morsels for coating candies
Steps to Prepare
- Mix apricots, Bruce’s Yams Cut Sweet Potatoes, 2 cups coconut, sweetened condensed milk, pecans and powdered sugar in large bowl.
- Refrigerate mixture for 3 hours or until firm enough to shape into 1-inch balls.
- Spread remaining 2 cups coconut onto a cookie sheet; set aside.
- Melt white chocolate chips in a medium microwave-safe bowl, stirring after two minutes to smooth (continue in 30 second intervals if more melting is needed).
- Dip balls into white chocolate to coat and then place onto coconut covered cookie sheet.
*Work quickly dipping the sweet potato balls, as the chocolate will harden.
*Store the candies in the refrigerator for up to a week.