White House Coconut Sweet Potato Soup
This savory and sweet soup is both quick and flavorful! White House Coconut Sweet Potato Soup features fresh ginger root, sesame oil, fresh cilantro, unsweetened coconut milk and Bruce's Yams.
Nutrition Info Per Serving
- 1 (29 oz.) can Bruce’s Yams Cut Sweet Potatoes; drained
- 1 tbs. vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (2 in.) piece fresh ginger root, thinly sliced
- 1 tbs. red curry paste
- 1 (15 oz.) can unsweetened coconut milk
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 3 1/2 tbs. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tbs. toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Steps to Prepare
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large saucepan or soup pot over medium heat. Add the onion and ginger; cook and stir until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the curry paste and heat for 1 minute, then whisk in the coconut milk and vegetable broth. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Add drained Bruce’s Yams Cut Sweet Potatoes. Blend with a stick blender or puree using a food processor. Cook for 5 more minutes so.
- Stir in lemon juice and season with salt.
- Ladle into bowls and garnish with a drizzle of sesame oil and a little bit of cilantro.