Sweet Potato Sugar Cookie Pizza
Perfect for a patriotic holiday! Our red, white & blue Sweet Potato Sugar Cookie Pizza features a delicious sweet potato crust, vanilla frosting, and fresh jam & fruit topping.
Nutrition Info Per Serving
- 1 stick (1/4 pound) soft butter
- 1 whole egg + 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 (15 oz.) can Bruce’s Yams Cut Sweet Potatoes in Syrup; drained and excess liquid pressed out
- 1-1/4 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 (12 oz.) container vanilla frosting
- 1/3 cup blueberry jam
- fresh sliced fruits and moist dried fruits of your choice
Steps to Prepare
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat together the butter, egg, egg yolk, vanilla and sugar until smooth. Add Bruce’s Yams Cut Sweet Potatoes and beat until thoroughly combined. Beat in the almond flour, baking soda and salt until incorporated.
- Add all purpose flour, 1/2 cup at a time, and beat until a slightly stiff dough forms. If too sticky, add an additional 1/4 cup almond flour.
- Press dough into a 12” pizza pan and bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 60 minutes.
- To assemble, spread frosting onto sweet potato crust and place a 3” circle of blueberry jam into the center. Arrange sliced fruits in a circle around the jam.