Sweet Potato Spring Rolls
Try our Sweet Potato Spring Rolls for a light and refreshing summertime lunch or dinner! Great with a spicy dipping sauce like sriracha.
Nutrition Info Per Serving
- 1 (15 oz.) can Bruce’s Yams Cut Sweet Potatoes in Syrup
- 2 carrots, peeled
- 1 small avocado
- 1 tsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 (2 oz.) package enoki mushrooms
- 1/2 tsp. Chinese five spice powder
- 8 (round) spring roll wrappers (rice paper)
Steps to Prepare
- Drain Bruce's Yams Cut Sweet Potatoes, and slightly smash. Set aside.
- Cut carrots into thin sticks and blanch in boiling water until soft; place in a bowl filled with iced water to cool; pat dry.
- Cut avocado into 16 slices and sprinkle with lime juice.
- Wash and trim the ends off the enoki mushrooms; pat dry.
- Divide all vegetables into 8 piles, and fill a glass pie dish half way with warm water.
- Using one wrapper at a time, place in water for 30 seconds until the rice paper has softened.
- Spoon the sweet potatoes (1/8 of the can for each spring roll) down the center of wrapper, leaving a 2 inch boarder all around the wrapper. Add the avocado and mushrooms then sprinkle with Chinese five spice.
- To fold, bring the top and bottom of wrapper over the ends of the vegetables then turn wrapper towards you and roll up tightly. Chill for 1 hour before cutting in half and serving.
Note: Other vegetables can be used. Bean sprouts, pea pods, radishes, etc.