Sweet Potato Souffle
Our Sweet Potato Souffle is a must for the holiday season! Topped with a praline topping, this souffle is easy, unique and always a hit.
Nutrition Info Per Serving
- 2 (29 oz.) cans Bruce’s Yams Cut Sweet Potatoes, drained and mashed
- 1 tsp. vegetable seasoning
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 whole egg
- 2 tbs. unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tbs. bourbon
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup thick cream
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/3 pecans
Steps to Prepare
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Place Bruce’s Yams Cut Sweet Potatoes, vegetable seasoning, evaporate milk, egg, unsalted butter and bourbon in a mixing bowl and blend until creamy.
- Transfer to a 2 quart baking dish and bake for 30 minutes or until heated through.
- While the sweet potato mixture is baking, in a large saucepan combine the butter and brown sugar for the praline topping. Cook over medium heat until smooth.
- Stir in the heavy cream and salt; bring to a boil. Simmer just until slightly thickened, about 2-3 minutes; remove from heat.
- Spread the pecans on a rimmed baking sheet and toast for about 5 minutes, until they are lightly browned. Transfer pecans to a wooden cutting board and let them cool. Chop the nuts, stir them into the slightly cooled caramel and spoon over sweet potatoes.
- Bake the sweet potato souffle with praline topping for an additional 10 minutes.