Sweet Potato Scones
Bruce’s Yams Cut Sweet Potatoes in Orange Pineapple Sauce take our Sweet Potato Scones to a tangy new level. These doughy delights are made using less than 10 ingredients, and pair perfectly with a cup of coffee or tea.
Nutrition Info Per Serving
- 4 cups flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 tbs. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 2 sticks (1 cup) cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 (15 oz.) can Bruce’s Yams Cut Sweet Potatoes in Orange Pineapple Sauce
Steps to Prepare
- Heat oven to 400°F. Spray a 16 count scone pan with bakers spray; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and pumpkin pie spice. Add butter and (using a pastry blender) cut butter into flour mixture.
- Stir in cream, buttermilk and Bruce’s Yams Cut Sweet Potatoes in Orange Pineapple Sauce; mix until just incorporated (dough will be a bit sticky).
- Turn dough out onto a floured work surface and knead the dough for just a minute or two. Divide dough into 16 balls and press into the prepared scone pan. Bake for 20 minutes until scones are golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow scones to rest for 10 minutes in the pan, then transfer to a wire rack to cool. Serve with butter, and your favorite jams and curds.
Note: If you do not have a scone pan, line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. After turning dough out onto work surface, pat into a 10” x 10” square pan (1 inch thick) then cut into 6 squares, then cut each square on the diagonal to form triangles (you will end up with 12 large scones instead of 16). Transfer to the prepared pan and bake as directed above, reducing baking time by 5 minutes.