Sweet Potato Pie
Sweet potato pie is a traditional dessert, originating in the South. It is often served during the holiday season, especially at Thanksgiving.
Nutrition Info Per Serving
- 1 (40 oz.) can Bruce’s Yams Cut Sweet Potatoes in Syrup; drained and smashed
- 2 whole eggs, plus 1 egg yolk
- 1 (5 oz.) can evaporated milk
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/3 cup melted (cooled) unsalted butter
- 2 tbs. cornstarch
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice (or 1/2 tsp. cinnamon and 1/2 tsp. nutmeg)
- 1 (unbaked / defrosted) 9” deep dish pie shell
- whipped cream for serving
Steps to Prepare
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- In the bowl of a mixer, combine the Bruce’s Yams, eggs , egg yolk and evaporated milk and beat smooth.
- Add sugar, vanilla, salt, butter, corn starch and spices; continue to mix until creamy.
- Scoop mixture into the pie shell (spread evenly with the back of a spoon) and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes then lower heat to 325?F and continue to bake for an additional 30-35 minutes (or until center has set).
- Serve with whipped cream, if desired.