Sweet Potato Pecan Heart Cake with Marshmallow Icing
The perfect treat for you and your loved ones on Valentines Day!
Nutrition Info Per Serving
- 3 large eggs; room temperature
- 1/3 cup pecan* oil
- 1/3 cup soft butter
- 1/2 cup pureed sweet potatoes (from a 15 oz can Bruce’s Yam Cut Sweet Potatoes)
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 (15.25 oz) box Yellow Cake Mix
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 1 (16 oz) tub vanilla frosting
- 1/2 cup marshmallow cream
- 2 tablespoons soft butter
- 2 teaspoons syrup from sweet potato can
Steps to Prepare
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat together the eggs, pecan oil, butter and sweet potatoes. Add the water, cake mix; and cinnamon; stir until mixed.
- Transfer to the prepared cake pans and bake for 30 minutes until a toothpick tests clean. Invert onto a wire rack and completely cool before assembling and frosting.
- To make the icing, place the tub of frosting into a bowl along with marshmallow cream, butter and sweet potato syrup; whip until well combined.
Decorate with your choice of candy decorations.
*Pecan oil can be found at most supermarkets.
If unavailable in your area, walnut, avocado, grape seed or olive oil can be used in it’s place.