Sweet Potato Peach Bake
Peaches and sweet potatoes complement each other so well! Our Sweet Potato Peach Bake is perfect for the holidays, and can be dressed up with marshmallows or peach preserves.
Nutrition Info Per Serving
- 1 (40 oz.) can Bruce’s Yams Cut Sweet Potatoes, drained
- 1 (16 oz.) can sliced peaches (no sugar added), drained and syrup reserved
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
Steps to Prepare
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Place Bruce’s Yams Cut Sweet Potatoes in a bowl and cut into slightly smaller pieces.
- Drain the peaches (reserving 4-5 slices for the top of the casserole) and add to the yams along with 1/2 cup peach juice, ground ginger, salt and pepper; stir to mix.
- Transfer to a 2 quart baking dish; set aside.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the brown sugar and pecans.
- Sprinkle over top of casserole and place reserved peach slices in a line down the center.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until hot and bubbly.
2 tbs. minced candied (crystallized) ginger can be added to the brown sugar-pecan mixture if desired.