Sweet Potato Pancakes
These indulgent Sweet Potato Pancakes feature bananas caramelized in Bruce's Candied Yams syrup, toasted walnuts and whipped cream.
Nutrition Info Per Serving
- 4 tbs. butter (plus extra for griddle)
- 1 tbs. brown sugar
- pinch salt
- 2 firm bananas, sliced into circles
- zest of orange (1 tsp.)
- 2 1/2 cups complete buttermilk pancake mix
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/4 cup Bruce’s Candied Yams Cut Sweet Potatoes (reserving 1/4 cup syrup)
- 1/3 cup walnut pieces
- whipped cream, optional
- pancake syrup, optional
Steps to Prepare
- Melt butter in a skillet; add brown sugar, salt and reserved syrup from Bruce’s Candied Yams Cut Sweet Potatoes.
- When hot, add bananas and cook (low temperature) until caramelized – carefully turning once with a fork; dust with freshly grated orange zest; keep warm.
- Smash the Bruce’s Candied Yams with the tines of a fork until smooth. Whisk together the pancake mix, water and sweet potatoes.
- Heat pancake griddle to medium heat and grease with butter. Using a large cookie scoop or ladle, pour batter onto griddle and turn when the edges are golden. Flip the pancakes and cook until the edges looked cooked.
- Remove pancakes and stack onto a serving platter or individual plates.
- Spoon caramelized bananas onto pancakes and scatter with toasted walnuts (spoon any excess pan syrup onto walnuts). Add whipped cream, if desired.