Sweet Potato Muffins with Candied Ginger
These tangy and citrusy Sweet Potato Muffins with Candied Ginger are great for breakfast and additionally pair perfectly with a savory meal.
Nutrition Info Per Serving
- 1 (15 oz.) can Bruce’s Candied Yams Cut Sweet Potatoes; drained
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, melted
- 4 large eggs
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. freshly grated orange zest
- 1/2 cup dried (moist) cranberries
- 1/3 cup diced candied ginger
- 3 tsp. white sugar
- 1-1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
Steps to Prepare
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Line a 24 count muffin tin with paper cupcake liners.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together the Bruce’s Candied Yams Cut Sweet Potatoes, brown sugar, melted butter and eggs.
- Add the flour, baking powder, salt and orange zest until the batter is smooth.
- Stir in cranberries and candied ginger; divide batter between paper liners.
- In a small bowl, stir together the sugar and cinnamon then sprinkle over the tops of the muffins.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.