Sweet Potato Flan with Whipped Cream
If you like Flan, you will love this recipe! The sweet potato adds an extra layer of flavor and knocks it out of this world.
Nutrition Info Per Serving
- 3 cups milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 (5.5 oz) box cream caramel flan mix
- 1 (15 oz) can Bruce’s Yam Cut Sweet Potatoes in Syrup
- whipped cream for serving; optional
Steps to Prepare
- Pour caramel packet into an 8” shallow heat proof dish; set aside.
- Heat milk and cream in a large (heavy) saucepan.
- When small bubbles form around edge of pan, whisk in powdered flan mix, stirring constantly (like you would a pudding).
- Cook until it comes to a full boil; remove from heat.
- Drain sweet potatoes and cut into small pieces.
- Stir into flan until just combined then pour into prepared pan.
- Allow to stand at room temperature for 10 minutes before placing into refrigerator to chill for 4 hours.
- To serve, invert flan onto a round platter and garnish with whipped cream, if desired.
*You can find flan mix in the pudding isle of most grocery stores.