Sweet Potato Dessert Egg Rolls
Nutrition Info Per Serving
- 12 (6 inch) egg roll wrappers
- 1 (7 oz tub) marshmallow cream
- 1 (15 oz) can Bruce’s Yam Cut Sweet Potatoes in Syrup; smashed
- 2/3 cup toasted pecan pieces (plus extra for garnish)
- 1/4 cup slivered basil
- 1 cup neutral oil for frying
- Salted caramel ice cream topping for drizzling
- Vanilla ice cream for serving
Steps to Prepare
- Lay out egg roll wrappers (4 at a time) on a work surface.
- Spoon about 2 tablespoons marshmallow cream onto each wrapper followed by sweet potatoes, pecans and basil.
- Wrap up according to directions on egg roll wrapper package.
- Heat oil in a deep skillet to medium-high (340 degrees F.) and fry for 3 minutes (turning occasionally) until golden brown.
- Drain on a paper towel then transfer to a warmed serving dish.
- Drizzle with heated caramel sauce and extra pecans, if desired.
- Serve with scoops of vanilla ice cream.