Sweet Potato Chocolate Cake
No one would ever guess that hidden inside this decadent chocolate cake is a deliciously good source of iron, fiber and vitamins A & C! Our Sweet Potato Chocolate Cake recipe features a rich chocolate glaze made with sweetened condensed milk and vanilla.
Nutrition Info Per Serving
- 1 (16.5 oz.) box Devil’s Food Cake Mix
- 3 whole eggs
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup syrup from Bruce’s Yams Cut Sweet Potatoes
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup (pureed) Bruce’s Yams Cut Sweet Potatoes
- 2 tbs. mayonnaise
- 1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tsp. butter
- 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
Steps to Prepare
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour a 12 cup bundt cake pan; set aside.
- Blend cake mix, eggs, water, Bruce’s Yams Cut Sweet Potatoes syrup and oil in a large bowl until moistened. Mix in yams and mayonnaise and beat for 2 minutes until well combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 40 minutes.
- Allow cake to sit for 5 minutes then invert onto a wire rack.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the sweetened condensed milk, chocolate chips and butter.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until the chips are just melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Remove from the heat and stir in vanilla.
- Cool slightly before drizzling over a cake.