Sweet Potato Cheesecake with Caramel Sauce
The perfect, decadent dessert! This Sweet Potato Cheesecake is rich, and topped with a thick and creamy caramel sauce with pecans.
Nutrition Info Per Serving
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tbs. melted butter
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 2 (8 oz.) blocks cream cheese; room temperature
- 1/2 cup Bruce’s Yams Cut Sweet Potatoes in Syrup (reserve syrup)
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 tbs. flour
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 4 large eggs; room temperature
- 1 tbs. vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup pureed Bruce’s Yams Cut Sweet Potatoes
- 2 cups reserved yam syrup
- 1/3 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 tbs. unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
Steps to Prepare
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- In a small bowl, mix the graham cracker crumbs with the melted butter and the sugar until evenly moistened (add more melted butter if needed).
- Press the crumb mixture firmly onto the bottom and up the side of an 8-inch spring-form pan. Bake the crust for 5 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Lower the oven temperature to 325°F.
- In a large bowl beat the cream cheese and Bruce’s Yams Sweet Potatoes on medium speed until smooth. Gradually add the sugar and beat until light and fluffy. Beat in the flour, sour cream then add the eggs, one at a time. Stir in the vanilla and cream.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 45 minutes until the top of the cheesecake is lightly browned.
- Cool the cake in the pan for 40-60 minutes.
- While the cheesecake cools, prepare the praline-caramel sauce on the stove by placing the reserved yam syrup and pureed sweet potatoes in a medium sauce pan and bringing to a boil.
- Lower heat and simmer for 20 minutes to reduce syrup by half.
- Stir in caramel and salt; cook an additional 10 minutes to thicken.
- Remove from heat and add butter and pecans.
- Allow to cool slightly (stirring occasionally) then pour over cheesecake.