Sweet Potato & Candied Ginger Shortbread Cookies
Nutrition Info Per Serving
- 1 cup (2 sticks) soft, unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup Bruce’s Yam Cut Sweet Potatoes (patted dry and smashed)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2-1/2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons minced candied ginger*
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Steps to Prepare
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly grease an insulated cookie sheet or line a regular cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer cream together the butter, sweet potatoes, vanilla and powdered sugar. Add the flour in thirds until a dough forms.
- Stir in candied ginger or pecans and salt until just combined.
- On a floured board (we like to use half flour and half powdered sugar), roll out dough 1/3” thick and cut out desired shape.
- Transfer to cookie sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes until light golden brown.
- Cool on a wire rack for a minimum of 20 minutes.
- Yield depends upon the shape and size pf your cutter.
*You can substitute 1/3 cup finely chopped pecans in place of candied ginger if you wish.
Prep: 15 minutes / Bake: 25 minutes/ Cool: 20 minutes