Sweet Potato Butterscotch Blondies
Nutrition Info Per Serving
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla
- 2/3 cup smashed Bruce’s Yam Cut Sweet Potatoes
- 1 cup, plus 1 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup butterscotch baking chips
Steps to Prepare
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line an 8” x 8” dark baking pan with parchment paper or tin foil, leaving a couple of inches draping over the side of the pan.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat together the brown sugar, butter, egg, vanilla and sweet potatoes.
- When thoroughly incorporated, mix in the flour, salt and baking powder. Stir in the chips then smooth into the prepared pan. Place in oven to bake for 35 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow blondies to sit in pan for 20 minutes before removing. Cut into 9 squares when completely cooled.