Sweet Potato Buttermilk Pie with Cinnamon-Pecan Streusel
Nutrition Info Per Serving
- 1 (9 inch) pre made pie crust
- 1 (29 oz) can Bruce’s Yam Cut Sweet Potatoes in Syrup; drained
- 3 whole, large or X-large eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup pecan dieses
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- whipped cream for serving
Steps to Prepare
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place empty pie shell in the oven to bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and reduce temperature to 350 degrees F.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat together the sweet potatoes and eggs until smooth. Add the milk, cream, flour and spice.
- Bake for 30 minutes then scatter the streusel topping over the pie.
- Continue to bake for an additional 20 minutes or until pie has set.
- If the crust gets too dark, lay a sheet of tin foil over the top.
- To make streusel, combine the pecan pieces, brown sugar and cinnamon in a plastic bag and run a rolling pin across it to somewhat crush pecans (you will want some pecan pieces so do not over-crush the nuts).
Serve with whipped cream, if desired.
Cool to room temperature before slicing.
Prep time: 10 minutes / Bake time: 50 minutes