Sweet Potato Bread Pudding with Caramel
Great holiday dessert! Bruce's Yams Sweet Potato Bread Pudding features French bread, pumpkin pie spice, golden raisins and caramel ice cream topping.
Nutrition Info Per Serving
- 1 - 1/3 cups evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3 large eggs; beaten
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 (15 oz.) can Bruce’s Yams Cut Sweet Potatoes; drained
- 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1/3 cup golden raisins (or dried fruit of your choice)
- 1 loaf (day old) French bread; cut into chunks (about 6 cups)
- 1/2 stick cold butter; cut into small chunks
- 2 tbs. white sugar
- jarred caramel ice cream topping (optional)
- whipped cream (optional)
Steps to Prepare
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease a 1-1/2 quart casserole dish with butter; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the milk, cream, eggs, brown sugar and melted butter. Stir in the Bruce’s Yams Cut Sweet Potatoes, pumpkin pie spice, raisins and the bread chunks.
- When thoroughly mixed, transfer to the prepared casserole dish. Dot with butter chunks and sprinkle with white sugar. Bake for 60 minutes (if top gets too brown, cover with tin foil).
- Serve with heated caramel and whipped cream, if desired.