Sweet Potato & Black Bean Quesadillas
Easy and unique weeknight meal! These quesadillas feature a warm sweet potato and black bean filling, with tangy white cheddar cheese and fresh lime.
Nutrition Info Per Serving
- 1 (15 oz.) can Bruce’s Yams Cut Sweet Potatoes; drained
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 cup black beans; rinsed and drained
- 6 (8”) flour tortillas
- 3 cups shredded white cheddar cheese
- 3 tsp. corn oil
- fresh lime wedges
- 1 ripe avocado, chunked
- 1 cup Mexican Crema (or light dairy sour cream)
- 2 tsp. green jalapeño hot sauce
- 2 tbs. water
- juice of 1/2 lime
- few sprigs cilantro
- pinch salt
Steps to Prepare
- Place Bruce’s Yams Cut Sweet Potatoes in a mixing bowl and stir in cumin, mashing potatoes but leaving small chunks. Stir in black beans.
- Divide potato mixture, and spread onto 3 tortillas followed by cheese then top with 3 more tortillas; press down gently.
- Heat a 10” skillet or tortilla pan and rub with 1 tsp. corn oil (add an additional tsp. corn oil before cooking another quesadilla).
- Cook quesadillas one at a time for 1-1/2 minutes per side or until cheese has melted.
- To make avocado crema, place all ingredients in a blender and process until smooth.
- Serve quesadillas with avocado crema and lime wedges, if desired.