Sweet Potato Biscuits
Take your biscuits to the next level with Bruce's Yams! These Sweet Potato Biscuits are fluffy and sweet, and the fresh black pepper gives them a savory bite.
Nutrition Info Per Serving
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tbs. baking powder
- 1 tbs. granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp. fine salt
- 1/2 tsp, ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup Bruce’s Yam Cut Sweet Potatoes; mashed & drained
- 1 stick frozen, unsalted butter
- 1 stick softened unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup whole cranberry sauce
- 1/4 tsp. salt
Steps to Prepare
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl and set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, mix together milk, cream and mashed Bruce’s Yams Cut Sweet Potatoes until evenly combined.
- Grate frozen butter through the large holes of a box grater and toss with dry ingredients until butter is coated. Add milk/cream mixture and mix lightly until dough forms.
- Turn dough out onto a floured surface and knead just until it comes together, about 30 seconds (the dough will not be smooth). Pat into a circle and use a floured rolling pin to roll dough to a thickness of about 3/4 inch. Using a 3-inch biscuit cutter, cookie cutter, or glass, cut the dough into rounds.
- Place rounds on a parchment lined cookie sheet and bake for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with cranberry butter, if desired.
- To make cranberry butter, stir all ingredients together until mixed well.