Sweet Potato & Avocado Soup
This smooth and silky Sweet Potato & Avocado Soup has just the right amount of heat to balance out the sweet.
Nutrition Info Per Serving
- 1 (15 oz.) can Bruce’s Yams Cut Sweet Potatoes; drained
- 1 small avocado; chunked
- 1/4 cup half & half cream
- 3 (16 oz.) cans chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp. ground white pepper
- 1 tsp. green hot sauce
- avocado oil for drizzling
- sprinkling of coarse salt
- 1 small Serrano pepper; sliced thin
Steps to Prepare
- Place Bruce’s Yams Cut Sweet Potatoes and avocado in a blender or food processor, and process until smooth.
- Add half & half and process 30 seconds more.
- Transfer sweet potato mixture to a large saucepan along with chicken broth and white pepper. Heat until small bubbles appear around the edge of saucepan (do NOT let boil).
- Reduce heat and simmer on low for 5 minutes; stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and stir in hot sauce.
- Divide between 6 warmed soup bowls and drizzle with avocado oil and sprinkle with a tiny amount of salt.
- Garnish each bowl with sliced Serrano pepper.
The recipe in the photo was made using bacon avocados, yielding a golden color. If made with Hass avocados, the result will be more green in nature.