Sweet Potato & Apple Triangles
Our Sweet Potato & Apple Triangles are full of chunky sweet potatoes, apples and golden raisins. If you have the time, dress them up with an optional vanilla-lemon glaze.
Nutrition Info Per Serving
- 1 box frozen puff pastry (2 sheets)
- 1 (15 oz.) can Bruce’s Yams Cut Sweet Potatoes; drained well
- 1/2 cup (from a 15 oz. can) Glory Foods Fried Apples; drained well
- 2 tbs. light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- pinch salt
- 1 egg white; beaten
Vanilla-Lemon Glaze (optional):
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 2-1/4 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tbs. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
Steps to Prepare
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper (or spray with non-stick bakers spray).
- Defrost puff pastry and preheat oven to 400°F.
- Stir together Bruce’s Yams Cut Sweet Potatoes, Glory Foods Fried Apples, brown sugar, raisins, pumpkin pie spice and salt in a bowl, breaking up large chunks of sweet potatoes; set aside.
- Roll out each puff pastry sheet on a floured board to make into a square. Cut each pastry sheet into 4 triangles.
- Fill the center of each triangle with a heaping spoon of sweet potato mixture and brush the edges of dough with the beaten egg white.
- Fold dough over filling and close with the tines of a fork and transfer to the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes until golden brown.
- To make the vanilla-lemon glaze, whisk together all ingredients until smooth. Allow to stand 3 minutes until icing thickens then spread thinly (or drizzle) onto pastry.