Sweet Potato and Carrot Deviled Eggs
A spin on the traditional deviled egg, these blend Bruce's Yam Cut Sweet Potatoes, carrots, and Dijon Mustard.
Nutrition Info Per Serving
- 12 large eggs
- 1/3 cup Bruce’s Yam Cut Sweet Potatoes
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoon minced fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/3 cup grated carrot
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
Steps to Prepare
- Place eggs in a large (high-sided) skillet and cover with an of inches water. Bring to a rolling boil, turn off heat, cover and allow to sit for 10 minutes.
- Remove eggs from water and when cool enough to handle, peel under cold water.
- Cut eggs in half lengthwise (refrigerate egg whites) and pop yolk into a medium mixing bowl along with sweet potatoes, mayonnaise, basil, lemon zest, mustard, salt and garlic.Using the tines of a fork, smash together, leaving some very small chunks. Stir in grated carrot,cover and allow to chill for 30 minutes.
- Fill egg whites with mixture and sprinkle with lemon pepper. Garnish with tiny basil leaves, if desired.