Sugar Kissed Sweet Potato Swirls
A delicious addition to your cookie arsenal, these sugar kissed swirls are highlighted by brown sugar, mashed sweet potatoes, and cinnamon. Bake these up any time you need to please your sweet tooth.
Nutrition Info Per Serving
- 1 1/4 cup salted butter softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup mashed Bruce's Yams
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup salted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg yolk 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup Moreno pure cane sugar
Steps to Prepare
- Beat together butter and brown sugar in the bowl of an electric stand mixer.
- Add the egg, yams and vanilla extract. Beat until light and fluffy. Whisk together dry ingredients in a small bowl. Slowly add to wet ingredients and mix just until well combined.
- Cover dough and let chill for one hour or until firm. Cream Cheese Cookie Dough: Beat together cream cheese and butter in the bowl of an electric stand mixer until creamy.
- Add the sugar, egg, vanilla and salt and beat well. Add flour and mix until well combined.
- Cover and chill until firm; about 1 hour.
- On a well floured surface, roll each dough in to a 12-inch by 18-inch rectangle. Use a pastry brush to lightly brush water over the pumpkin dough.
- Transfer cream cheese dough to the top of the sweet potato dough and roll lightly with a rolling pin. Sprinkle chopped pecans over dough. Starting from the long side, tightly roll the dough to for an 18-inch log.
- Roll the log in 1/3 cup of the Moreno sugar then wrap tightly in plastic wrap.
- Chill for at least 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside. Trim ends of dough log then cut dough into 1/2-inch slices.
- Place on prepared baking sheets 2 inches apart and sprinkle with remaining sugar.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until center of cookies are just set. Remove from oven and transfer to a baking rack to cool.