Splendid Sweet Potato Pie
You don't have to feel guilty about eating a slice of our Splendid Sweet Potato Pie! Its made using Bruce's Yams Cut Sweet Potatoes with Splenda®.
Nutrition Info Per Serving
- 1 (40 oz.) can Bruce’s Yams Cut Sweet Potatoes with Splenda®; drained
- 2 whole eggs, plus 2 egg yolks
- 2 tbs. dairy sour cream
- 1 (5 oz.) can evaporated milk
- 3/4 cup Splenda® Sugar Blend
- 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/3 cup melted (cooled) unsalted butter
- 2 tbs. cornstarch
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice (or 1/2 tsp. cinnamon and 1/2 tsp. nutmeg)
- 1 (unbaked / defrosted) 9” deep dish pie shell
- whipped cream for serving
Steps to Prepare
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- In the bowl of a mixer, combine the Bruce’s Yams Cut Sweet Potatoes, eggs, egg yolk, sour cream and evaporated milk; beat smooth.
- Add Splenda® sugar, vanilla, salt, butter, cornstarch and pumpkin pie spice; continue to mix until creamy.
- Scoop mixture into the pie shell (spread evenly with the back of a spoon) and place in the center of the oven. Bake for 20 minutes then lower heat to 325°F and continue to bake for an additional 30-35 minutes (or until center has set).
- Turn off oven and allow pie to sit in the oven for an additional 5 minutes. Serve with whipped cream, if desired.