Spicy Sweet Potato Tostadas
A spicy summertime dish! Our Spicy Sweet Potato Tostadas feature Bruce's Yams Cut Sweet Potatoes, crispy bacon, hot sauce, avocado, jalapenos and fresh lime juice.
Nutrition Info Per Serving
- 2 slices thick cut bacon
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 (15 oz.) can Bruce’s Yam Cut Sweet Potatoes in Syrup; drained well and smashed
- 2 tsp. hot sauce
- 1 tsp. fresh lime juice
- 6 (4”) corn tostada shells
- 6 tsp. dairy sour cream (garnish)
- shredded lettuce (garnish)
- slivered teardrop tomatoes (garnish)
- tiny dice avocado (garnish)
- sliced jalapeños (garnish)
- 1/4 cup shredded Mexican cheese (garnish)
- vegetable seasoning for sprinkling
- fresh lime wedges (garnish)
Steps to Prepare
- Heat oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Fry bacon crispy; drain on paper towels then crumble.
- Sauté onion in the bacon fat for 2-3 minutes then transfer to a mixing bowl along with Bruce’s Yam Cut Sweet Potatoes, hot sauce and lime juice. Mix together until incorporated then spread onto the tostada shells. Bake for 10 minutes then top with garnishes.
- Sprinkle with vegetable seasoning and serve with fresh lime.