Spicy Sweet Potato Butterfinger Cake
Try this delicious Spicy Sweet Potato Butterfinger Cake. This is a perfect cake for any occasion and will leave you wanting more.
Nutrition Info Per Serving
- 1 (16.5 oz) box spice cake mix
- 1 cup (from a 15 oz can) Bruce’s Yam Cut Sweet Potatoes in Syrup;
- drained, reserving syrup from can), and smashed
- 2 whole eggs, plus 1 egg yolk
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup sweet potato syrup (reserved from can)
- 2 tablespoons dairy sour cream
- 1 (16 oz) tub dark chocolate frosting
- 2 (1.9 oz) Butterfinger candy bars; chopped
Steps to Prepare
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a 12” x 8” sheet pan with non-stick bakers spray.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, blend together the cake mix, sweet potatoes, eggs, egg yolk, water, vegetable oil, sweet potato syrup (reserved from can) and sour cream.
- Transfer the the prepared pan and bake for 35-40 minutes until center is set.
- Remove from oven and allow cake to rest in pan for 5 minutes before inverting onto a platter.
- When cake has cooled completely, ice with frosting and sprinkle with Butterfingers candy.