Pork Tenderloin with Sweet Potatoes and Apples
Nutrition Info Per Serving
- 4 tablespoons virgin olive oil; divided
- 1 small pork tenderloin (about 1 pound)
- Salt & pepper
- 1 small yellow onion; diced
- 1 heaping teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 (15 oz) can Bruce’s Yam Cut Sweet Potatoes; drained
- 1 (15 oz) can Glory Foods Fried Apples
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- freshly chopped thyme
Steps to Prepare
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large, heavy skillet
- Slice tenderloin into 1 inch medallions; sprinkle with salt & pepper.
- Over medium-high heat sear pork on both sides, turning occasionally, for 7-8 minutes. Remove from skillet and cover with tin foil.
- Return skillet to heat and add remaining olive oil and onions.
- Saute on medium-low heat for 10 minutes (stirring occasionally) to caramelize onions. Stir in ginger and chicken broth; continue to simmer for an additional 10 minutes to reduce liquid.
- Stir in sweet potatoes, fried apples, orange juice and pork medallions.
- Cook on low heat for an additional 10 minutes until pork is cooked (about 150-155 degrees on a meat thermometer).
- Sprinkle with fresh thyme before serving.