Peachy Sweet Potato Buttermilk Cake
This Peachy Sweet Potato Buttermilk Cake is a quick & easy dessert perfect for entertaining! The cake features a peach jam filling and vanilla frosting.
Nutrition Info Per Serving
- 1 (16.5 oz.) French vanilla cake mix
- 2 tbs. powdered buttermilk
- 1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 3 whole eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup filtered water
- 1 (15 oz.) can Bruce’s Yams Cut Sweet Potatoes in Syrup; drained
- 1-1/4 cups peach jam
- vanilla frosting (icing) for your choice
Steps to Prepare
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour two (2) 8” cake rounds; set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer beat together the cake mix, buttermilk, nutmeg, eggs, oil and water.
- Smash the sweet potatoes with the tines of a fork and blend into the cake batter.
- Divide batter between the prepared pans and bake for 25 minutes. Turn off oven and allow the cake to sit in oven for 5 minutes more before removing.
- Unmold and cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes then spread jam onto the top of one cake round. Top with second cake round and cool for an additional 60 minutes. Frost with icing.