Orange Pineapple Yam Spice Cake
Great holiday cake! Our Orange Pineapple Yam Spice Cake features Bruce's Yams Cut Sweet Potatoes in Orange Pineapple Sauce, spice cake mix, and a candied ginger icing.
Nutrition Info Per Serving
- 1 (15.25 oz.) box spice cake mix
- 3 whole eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tbs. dairy sour cream
- 1 (16 oz.) can Bruce’s Yams Cut Sweet Potatoes in Orange Pineapple Sauce; do not drain
- 2 tbs. melted butter
- 1/4 cup warmed cream
- 2/3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped candied ginger (optional)
Steps to Prepare
- Heat oven to 350°F and spray an 8 cup Bundt pan with bakers spray; set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine cake mix, eggs, water, oil and sour cream.
- Smash Bruce’s Yams Cut Sweet Potatoes in Orange Pineapple Sauce with a potato masher until smooth. Add to cake batter and mix until just combined; transfer to the prepared pan and bake for 35 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to sit in pan for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- To make the icing, stir together the melted butter, cream and powdered sugar until smooth. If icing too thin, add a couple more tablespoons powdered sugar. Stir in candied ginger, if using, then pour over cake. Allow to set for 2 hours before slicing.