Mrs. Bruce's Delicious Sweet Potato Casserole
Mrs. Bruce's Delicious Sweet Potato Casserole is a tried and true, low-sugar holiday side dish that is deliciously satisfying for everyone at the table.
Nutrition Info Per Serving
- 1 (29 oz.) can Bruce’s Yams Cut Sweet Potatoes with Splenda®; drained and mashed
- 3 tbs. low-fat evaporated milk
- 2 tbs. melted butter
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup Splenda® Brown Sugar Blend
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 4 tsp. melted butter
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
Steps to Prepare
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, combine the Bruce’s Yams Cut Sweet Potatoes, low-fat evaporated milk, salt and vanilla extract. Mix thoroughly before beating in 2 large eggs.
- Pour the mixture evenly into a greased 8 x 8 glass baking dish.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, Splenda® Brown Sugar Blend and salt. Whisk together, and stir in the melted butter.
- Sprinkle brown sugar topping over sweet potato mixture, then top with chopped pecans.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then broil until topping is bubbling. Remove, let cool and serve.